Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Little Vaca

Last week, Lennon, Evan and I met my parents at a little camping resort in Mt. Carroll, Illinois. This trip was especially nice since the drive was just about 1.5 hrs. Enough for a baby to take a rest and play by himself just a bit. My parents had lots of time to visit with Lennon. They even took over for a while so E and I could sit on the little bridge each evening.

The little cabin was nice and the location was great. It seemed very family friendly with a pool, playground and plenty of room to run around. I'm thinking a family camping outting in a couple of years. It must have been off season still and the place was nearly deserted.

Lennon felt all this was way too exciting to sleep. Thank goodness for the hour long drive to Galena and back. I'm still working out the details of the best way to carry a baby around and shop. On this trip I used the sleepy wrap. Great for walking and wine tasting. :)

More adventures with Lennon coming soon. We are headed to Carbondale this weekend to visit with Evan's Pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment